Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Life That is Peace Corps

The four month point is rapidly approaching, and I have read way too many books. I never really considered myself a "reader", but alas, it has become a spectacular way to pass the time here in Barisal, Bangladesh. In fact, I have also started to write down quotes that I enjoy from these books. That is how busy I have been. My FIRST class oficially starts on January 4, 2006....and until then, I am interviewing 18-35 year old males (hopefully some girls too!) for my class and posting the list. Yes, you are correct...this will take about 2 hours max. Looks like some serious journal writing, reading, and of course, cyber cafe action!
I am trying to improve my Bangla language skills, but it is a slow process. I have picked up a few words here and there, but i cannot carry on a convo to save my life. The problem is....most of the kiddos I am dealing with speak English and want to keep speaking English. Eeps.
I love this country like I love Prince William, but the slow-as-snot lifestyle just aint coo with this girl. Oh, and nobody really believes I am an English teacher. They say I look 15.

6 Comments:

Blogger darrelglen7160980360 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

4:14 PM  
Blogger Two Steps From Home said...

Hi Dana.
This is really wonderful post. You trying something new. That's good. Thank you.
Two Steps From Home

7:38 AM  
Blogger greatoffer said...

I feel so good to read this post. You love Bangladesh this is so nice of you. Thank you.
My Complain

7:41 AM  
Blogger Trees Planet said...

Hi
You love Bangla and trying to improve it. This is really wonderful. Best wishes to you. Trees Planet

3:10 AM  
Blogger Nahid Islam said...

Information about Bangladesh . এই ব্লগে বাংলাদেশের বিভিন্ন তথ্য পাওয়া যাবে।
All Newspaper List
www.allnewspaperlist.com

10:06 PM  
Blogger Farid Ahammad said...

bdtender.com is a Tender Notification Service Portal that keeps you abreast with latest information on tenders being floated by government and private organizations all over Bangladesh.


Tender business bangladesh dhaka bid auction purchase sales bangla.

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home