Saturday, October 15, 2005

So, what happens if your supervisor doesn't speak a word of English?

TOmoRRow is the big day. The SupervisorS Conference in the big city of Dirty Dhaka. It is time to meet the dreaded Deputy Director that I will be working with for the next 24 months. This is not just a boss, this is a community-integration mechanism. PLEASE speak ENGLISH, Please speak ENGlish. Being as I cannot even buy a roll of much-needed toilet paper(yes, I know I should integrate better into the culture)in Bangla, I don't feel I am ready to discuss my "work-plan" in the Bengali language. But here goes nothing. Following up the big day in Dhaka, I am off to Barisal for a quick 3-day meet and greet with the new host-fam and a little touring of my new home(for the next 2...4...months). I am stoked, but also nervous as all heck. I still cannot believe I am here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia Elvarado said...

Ink and Paper? Maybe Not
Would you be reading this story if it were displayed on a 2-by-2-inch screen on your BlackBerry? How about if it were electronically printed on a video scroll that spooled a few inches out of the side of your ...
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home